Vickersil® is a surface coating by electrolytic deposition. It is adapted to the transformation of polymers as well as the mechanical applications of high technology.
Its high hardness as well as its very good corrosion resistance are adapted to the majority of the applications.
The Vickersil® treatment is especially adapted to metal surfaces in contact with molten polymers.
During the transformation of plastic materials and elastomers, and due to its very low friction coefficient and its passivity towards polymers, Vickersil® is the suitable treatment to maximize your productivity.
In injection moulding or extrusion processes of polymers, Vickersil® brings significant improvements in the following fields:
- Food packaging
- Automotive industry
- Cables manufacturing
- Cosmetics packaging
- Medical industry
- Pharmaceutical production
- Tubes manufacturing
- and others
- Thickness of 3 to 15 microns
- Coating hardness 1800 HV
- No discoloration of coating
- Coating process temperature lower than 75°C
- Passivity towards molten polymers
- High resistance to abrasion and corrosion
- Excellent resistance to high temperatures
|Hardness||1800 HV||1100 HV|
|Resistance to corrosion||* * *||* *|
|Passivity towards molten polymers||* * *||*|
|Resistance to abrasion||* * *||*|
|Typical thickness||3 - 15 microns||10 - 30 microns|
* * * excellent * * good * acceptable
- Applicable on almost all types of steel and also on bronze, brass and copper.
- May not be applied to aluminium and tungsten carbide.
Current production capability
Coating of the external surface of the parts:
- Volume included in 600 x 1000 x 450 mm
- Cylinder Ø 65mm max, length 1500 mm max
Coating of the internal surface of the parts:
- Internal diameter Ø 4 mm minimum
Weight of the part to be coated: 70 kg maximum