The Vickersil® MW coating is applied on the plates used for polymers mirror welding. It may be applied on steel, copper or bronze plates.
The Vickersil® MW coating
- allows a reduction of the mirror welding temperature,
- avoids threads,
- allows a reduction of the welding cycles,
- makes the cleaning of the mirrors easier,
- the force or contact pressure of the polymer on the mirror may be reduced,
- the mechanical properties of the welding link (tensile) are improved.
The coated mirrors have an improved abrasion resistance.
The following polymers may be welded with coated Vickersil ® MW parts:
- Glass Fiber filled compounds, etc…
Example: Mirror welding of tubes